Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Outfits worth a picture or two

I absolutely love baby clothes!  I love dressing my children, however, I get so sad when the pieces that I absolutely love become too small.

I always tell myself, "Self, you need to take more pictures of the kiddos in those clothes!"  So this time I listened to myself.  

My parents became world travelers and brought this home from France...I love it!  And, The Bug loves her "boomers" (bloomers!)
The Bug also has developed her own fashion sense.  She loves to wear two different shoes...I let her...I think it's funny.

You can't see the onesie very well but the smile melts me...so I thought I would share.

It was a little snug as I stuffed him into it but fitted t's are in right now.


If you ask people who know me well, they will tell you that I remember outfits.  Most of my memories are categorized in my brain by what I wore...seriously.  I can still see first day of school outfits.  I remember the first time The Fly and I went to Disneyland together, we were both wearing jeans and navy blue sweatshirts...and I had an awesome hair day!

Therefore, when I dress my kids it's more than wanting them to be so cute.  It helps me take a mental picture of the day, the moment.  Later, I find myself smiling as I fold their little clothes and thanking God, thanking God for this time that is flying by so fast.  This is the time when my kids are little enough to let me dress them and pick out their clothes without a fight:).  I thank God for little buttons on the bottom of onesies that mean my kids are still small enough to be in diapers.  I thank God for feetie pajamas and dresses that come with bloomers.  It all reminds me that even when I'm not sleeping and I haven't taken a shower in four days it's all worth it.  The baby cuddles and the toddler "I Luv Loo's"  are so worth it.

Being a mom of little ones has shown me the power in thanksgiving.  In the moments I want to pull my hair out I have been trying to remember to find something to be thankful for and my attitude changes.

Today, as it has taken me about 2 hours to write this short post.  I have had to be thankful for diaper changes, feedings that are out of routine, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and swaddling blankets...oh yeah, and my one cup of coffee that takes me so long to drink I have to reheat it 10 times...so, I guess I'm thankful for microwaves too!

I hope that you too can find things to be thankful for in the crazy-making times of life in whatever season you find yourself.  It really is powerful enough to change your day for the better.

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 69:30


5 comments:

  1. I love you and I love that you remember outfits! You are such a great Mom not just because you are quick to find the good in everything, but also because you dress your cute kids so cute! (That's what makes a good Mom right?)

    Keep on writing, even if it does take 2 hours per post, because you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I too am guilty of squeezing my children into outfits I really love just one more time. The kids aren't growing, darn it, the clothes are shrinking!
    Second, I am laughing at the reheated coffee thing! I'm afraid by the time mine is actually consumed it may be radioactive!
    I've had so many people say to me that they bet I'll be happy when I can get all of my kids out of diapers...are they kidding?! It will break my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words bring me back to a much simpler time in my own life. I think, really and truly.....I didn't leave the house during the year I first had 2 children. It scared me...2 very little people and 1 me, and all the gear . While I wouldnt trade the longest days and the shortest years that we call "early childhood"....I admire your tenacity to GO OUT...TO DO STUFF!!! I just never had it in me, so we created our own little oasis of homemade playdough, sprinklers, and Legos and dolls. Keep this up...the writing and the DOING and the beauty that is you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my kids' outfits too and saved a lot of the smallest ones for Alyssa and Brianna's doll babies. I recently found some of them and will have my granddaugter Chloe and any future granddaughters use them for their dollies at my house--what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the exact same way too about outfits! I can remember what i wore to take the SL placement test!! :) BTW- I love your blog...just started reading it. You are so inspiring...still, like you were in high school :) It gives me tips and something to think about as we have #2 on the way.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis